Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.

Explore and learn more about Conference Series : World's leading Event Organizer

Back

Mahvash Salsali

Mahvash Salsali

Professor
Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Iran

Biography

I received my PhD in Nursing and Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Administration from the University of Alberta, Canada. I was involved in the University of Alberta, Faculty of Nursing as an Associate Faculty member and served as a research and teaching assistant for five years. I also spent my sabbatical leave at the University of Alberta for three months in 2013. As a professor and deputy dean of research and international affairs in Tehran University of Medical Sciences, I played key roles in improving the quality of both education and research (interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary) within the organizations I have led. I initiated new teaching approaches for Masters and Doctorate students, worked on curriculum development, pedagogical development, as well as professional development for students nationally and internationally. In my administrative position at Tehran University of medical Sciences for many years, I was involved in extensive and fundamental restructuring processes of International students’ education and training. Along with a growing body of teaching, research, advising, and publishing experience, I have built up a strong record in turn around leadership over the last 15 years; first as a deputy dean of research and international affairs, head of medical/ surgical group, and senior lecturer for the public health and global health issues courses, as well as teaching philosophy of education and research methodologies (qualitative and Quantitative). As a project manager, I am now involved in lean management, senior health projects, Palliative care and Namaste care.

Research Interest

My areas of research and expertise include evaluating teaching effectiveness, global health/health issues, evidence-based practice/education, patient safety, practice development, and competency in the clinical area using different methodological approaches (Quantitative & Qualitative). I was the principal investigator and co-investigator for different research projects mostly working with PhD students. Also, I have published more than 90 ISI Journal articles in refereed journals. Additionally, I have been a member of different national and international committees and worked in a sequence of national partnerships and research collaborations with other universities worldwide. My interest for future includes: public and community health issues, global health, social and behavioural health focusing on different issues such as health quality improvement, lean management, senior health, and community health in general.