Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Conference Series Events with over 1000+ Conferences, 1000+ Symposiums
and 1000+ Workshops on Medical, Pharma, Engineering, Science, Technology and Business.

Explore and learn more about Conference Series : World's leading Event Organizer

Back

Mary Lou Ferranto

Mary Lou Ferranto

Professor & Director
Kent State University, USA
USA

Biography

I have been fortunate to be at Kent State University for over 20 years as faculty in the College of Nursing. While at KSU I have taught in all levels in the BSN program as well as graduate program for our Nurse Practitioner students. I started on my educational journey many years ago at KSU. After completing my BSN I moved to Boston and worked at Beth Israel hospital as a Surgical ICU nurse. I love Boston and visit as much as I can. I then moved to New York and worked at New York University's Medical Center in the CVICU and recovery room. Several more moves brought me to Pittsburgh at Allegheny General Hospital as Clinical coordinator of the surgical ICU where I implemented a Cardiac transplant program for nursing. Another move to New Jersey allowed me the opportunity to develop and implement a pulmonary rehab program for a small community hospital as well as begin my teaching career in an ADN program. I moved back to Ohio with my family to care for my elderly parents in 1994 when I began teaching at KSU. I have presented at numerous national, international and professional and community based conferences. In addition, I have submitted six grant proposals, all to enhance the learning experience of students and received three of these grants. My area of research interest is the development of cultural humility in nursing students. As such, I often travel abroad with Salem nursing students. Thus far, students have accompanied me on cultural international experiences to Africa, Japan, Haiti, and Canada. Students are also encouraged to journey with faculty to the Pine Ridge Reservation of the Lakota people in South Dakota.

Research Interest

Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)